Today is day 3 of our 'working out/eating healthy' new family lifestyle routine.I swear, I haven't ever paid so much attention to how much of a serving of food goes into my mouth. I have counted out potato chips, wheat thins, even measured out a correct portion of rice, carrots, etc. This is a whole new thing to me.
One thing I've learned is that the biggest challenge of this 'lifestyle' is beating your own mind games. It's so hard to NOT think about food when you know you've just had something to eat, but you think you might still want 'something else'. Our culture is so accustomed to "larger is better", so it's really hard to see how much you're really supposed to eat and then be happy with that. But I'm learning. Today was better than yesterday... and I expect it to be an oncoming trend.
At this point, eating feels like a priviledge. Hopefully, as time goes on, it will begin to feel 'normal' again and I won't be such a stickler. I refuse to be miserable in life and not 'splurge' sometimes. But, for now, I'm learning. And doing pretty well.
Today also marked day 3 of exercising, and I love it. Feels good to finally take some time out of the day for ME! And what makes it even better.. Jonathan is doing this with me. It's SOOOO much easier to do this when you're not alone. Thank you, honey, for your help.
Well, it's bedtime.. Tomorrow's another busy day, and I better get to bed before another craving hits! Hehe! Goodnight, all.






2 comments:
The 1st week of dieting is the hardest I think. I can't wait to hear all of your progress. I'm here in LG cheering you on:)
Thanks, Katie. I'm really afraid this week will not show up on the scale. I'm just really struggling with how many calories I should be eating. I soooo wish I had a personal trainer. LOL! But I'm working out HARD and loving that. So that's at least something that I'm doing for me, even if nothing else shows... :)
Post a Comment