Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm Her

Does it ever just dawn on you.. Wow.. I'm the Mom now. Not the 'kid' anymore.

Of course I knew that.. but.. ya know...



I'm the Mom who is my daughters' best friend, but still the 'boss'.
I'm the Mom who is the protector, the punisher, the counselor.
I'm the Mom who is the teacher, comforter, listener....
I'm the Mom who knows their cries above anyone else in a crowd.
I'm the Mom who is the taxi service... but that doesn't mind b/c I know it's only for a little while...
I'm the Mom who now is their doctor/nurse/snuggle buddy when they're sick...
I'm the Mom who is their best cheerleader..
I'm the Mom with the arms they run to in excitement, or sadness.
I'm the Mom with the ache in her heart as I watch them grow out of babies into beautiful baby girls...
and then someday ache again as I know they don't "need" me anymore. But that they are young women.



I'm Mommy. I'm Momma. I'm Mom.


Now, I knew all of this... but I think this week it dawned on me, as I took Cambree off to school this week... I felt like a 'soccer mom', all I needed was the mini-van. ;) As I stay home today, and clean house and run a few errends, I realize, again, that I'm now always going to be the woman of the house.... The one who keeps this ship running smoothly. Just kind of crazy to think about that just a few short years ago, I got to be the kid.. and depend on MY Mom for all of these things.. So thanks, Mom, I appreciate all you have ever done for me... and still do for me, as My Mom. I wouldn't be the mother I am today without watching you all these years. And thanks to my Mother-in-Law, who is another wonderful Mom figure in my life. What a great companion and friend.


Nobody ever gets what it's like to be "Mom" until you lived it. And it's true. Nobody loves their children the way that a mother does. And they don't understand how much I love them. But even still, I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's the best. :)

Just thought I'd share.. just something that dawned on me, once again. I'm so thankful for the life God has blessed me with as wife and mommy, and I'm SO very thankful I get to stay home and do this everyday as my 'job'. But is it really a 'job' when you love it? And here's kudos for you working Mom's.. I don't know that I could do that at this stage in my life..

So here's to my girls, Cambree Lynn & Camryn Reese.. Mommy loves you. Always, forever, and no matter what.

PS- Here's a quick video, and I feel this way some days!!!!



No comments: