Sunday, March 27, 2011

Feminine Appeal, Chapter 1-2

I have begun reading a new book: FEMININE APPEAL- 7 VIRTUES OF A GODLY WIFE AND MOTHER.


Here's a few key points that have stuck out to me so far...


--Chapter 1: Transformed by Titus 2--

This chapter pretty much is a precursor to what you'll learn in the remainder of the book.


--Chapter 2: The Delight of Loving My Husband--

I am to have a 'phileo' rather than 'agape' love for him.. Love him with tender affection and obtain friendship with him. In return, he is to agape me, or love me with a love of self-sacrifice. Many times, women can easily show agape, while men struggle with this. This is also true for phileo. Sometimes it's easy for a man to phileo his wife and a woman to struggle to love him affectionately 100% of the time.



This chapter reminded me too, to show my husband I'm in love WITH him- not only that I love him. I should LOOK at him. Not just SEE him. Shirley Rice makes some other good points here regarding this subject matter...



The slap in the face that I received mostly from this chapter was this statement, taken from Genesis, where we see in Gen. 2:18 that woman was created to be her husband's helper- NOT her Children's mother. That the love for our babies is to flow from the lifestyle of commitment to our husbands. And that our husbands should remain 1st in our heart & our care. This is tough for me. My heart lies in the care of my children most days. I should probably re-read this statement over and over each day. Maybe I'll become a better person, mom, & wife b/c of it.



It goes on to say I should cherish, enjoy, and prize him. I think most guys do these things for their wives- but many times in return we just nag and complain about "to-do's" instead of do these things.



In conclusion of this chapter- I agree w/ their concluding statement.. With each passing year, may we have a love that grows more and more and become closer and closer with our hubbies.

No comments: